Maybe due to the cut, however the Bison tasted much like grade that is high beef - not 'gamey' at all. The difference in flavor profile may become more pronounced with a cut like rib-eye. The biggest ...
This image with the title of "Colorado Bison" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Steak . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Colorado Bison
- Maybe because of the cut, but the Bison tasted similar to high grade grass-fed beef - not 'gamey' at all. The difference in flavor profile might be more pronounced with a cut like rib-eye. The biggest difference I noticed was texture. For me, especially with tenderloin, texture is key to flavor delivery. The Bison was really smooth and tender with densely packed flavor.
- Also, before cooking, the Bison looked darker and felt leaner than normal beef tenderloin. It cooked quick and evenly on the grill - possibly contributing to that great texture.
- Looks like you like you meat to be...rare.
- Bison is quite lean. It's better cooked rare so that it stays juicy.
- I was attempting to make a terrible joke about Bison being endangered at one point, it clearly fell flat on it's face.
- lol Whoosh!
- That looks glorious.
- Thanks! It was my first go at bison filet- will def do again
- Where did you get this?
- A (normally) over-priced market in Breckenridge. Usually 39.99/lb - I got the entire 9oz filet for $9 total! If you want I can ask them where they are getting it from. Read more comments