Thoughts? Just how ended up being it in comparison to the paste that is standard? I think the paste does a good job replicating the nose feel and initial taste of the wasabi that is real. Where the paste really falls brief is ...
This image with the title of "Finally got to try real wasabi! :-D" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Sushi . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Finally got to try real wasabi! 😀
- Thoughts? How was it compared to the standard paste?
- I think the paste does a good job replicating the nose feel and initial taste of the real wasabi. Where the paste really falls short is in aftertaste and texture. Much more grainy with the real thing (in a good way) and the taste after the initial shock in your sinuses. Plus the color looks much more organic.
- I think the real stuff is also more mellow than the paste from a tube, and has a bit of sweetness to it.
- The real stuff is more complex, fresher, more vegetal, more floral, crispier, and less harsh.
- most definitely on the less harsh aspect for me. I can barely take the horseradish stuff, but oddly enough, the real wasabi is a totally different story for me.
- How much did you have to spend for the authentic root? I heard it's quite expensive.
- As /u/DeathByPianos said, it's ~$100-$129/lb (the higher price is what it costs me locally in Los Angeles) but in practical terms a 1" diameter and 2" long section would cost ~$6-$9, so it's not that bad. That much would definitely be enough for 2 adults, as you shouldn't be slathering this stuff. Read more comments