Struck it underneath the broiler genuine quick time that is next caramelize that cheese. Looks like a pretty damn good attempt that is first! For the effort that is second should recommend MOAR CHEESE. "we're ...
This image with the title of "Happy with my first attempt at a meatball sub" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Sandwiches . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Happy with my first attempt at a meatball sub
- Hit it under the broiler real quick next time to caramelize that cheese.
- Looks like a pretty damn good first attempt! For your second effort should I suggest MOAR CHEESE.
- "we're gonna need a bigger [bread] boat"
- looks great all i could suggest : slice the bread on the side, not the top and use a bigger type of bread, you'll want it to be able to cover the entire meatball's diameter, that way you've got more than enough room for sauce and cheese without spillage
- Veal, pork, and beef?
- 50/50 beef and pork.
- Delicious OP
- What's a good recipe for meatballs?
- The one I use is really simple. 50/50 minced pork and beef, finely cut parsley, pepper, garlic salt, and some dried basil. Then I add 1 egg white, some breadcrumbs, mix it all together, shape the meatballs, and leave in the fridge overnight to firm up and (bind?) together.
- On the pork and beef, what fat content? Lean? Extra lean? Medium?
- got to agree with all the other comments, appears to be a successful first try, but using a bigger roll next time would allow for more saucey, cheesey goodness. Not sure how much the side cut along the bun would help since I don't know if you're a handheld fan or if you're down to go crazy with sauce and tackle it with a knife and fork.. but whatever works.. experimenting is fun when the these are part of your learning curve! Read more comments