This base is used by me for pretty much any flavor. Add a block of cream cheese to it for "cheesecake" flavors. You can also add gelatin that is flavored! Cream cheese seems excellent! Will have ...
This image with the title of "Homemade ice cream- Nutella, salted caramel, and vanilla bean in a chocolate dipped cone [427 x 640]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Foods . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Homemade ice cream- Nutella, salted caramel, and vanilla bean in a chocolate dipped cone [427 x 640]
- I use this base for pretty much any flavor. Add a block of cream cheese to it for "cheesecake" flavors. You can also add flavored gelatin packets!
- Cream cheese sounds really great! Will have to try it next time, maybe with strawberries and graham crackers bits for 'strawberry cheesecake' flavor.
- I did a pumpkin cheesecake last year. I used real pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream cheese, and nilla wafers. It was so tasty! Pretty sure my husband and I finished the whole thing in about 3 days.
- Sound amazing, will be making this next holiday season for sure!
- like Jello pudding type???
- Any flavor actually, don't have to use the pudding flavors.
- can i just use whipped cream instead if whipping heavy cream? i dont know if my arms can do that with just a whisk!
- If you mean store bought ready-made whipped cream, I haven't tried it but there might be other ingredients that might not allow it to freeze like ice cream. To get the whipped cream, I'd recommend using an electric hand mixer, I usually stop it when I see it thicken up and start using a hand whisk so I don't overdo it and get butter by mistake. Also I put the bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 20 minutes before starting which speeds up the process as well. It's not too bad, really. For me the hard one is making meringue!
- thanks a bunch! my issue is that im in an extremely small apartment with no storage/cupboard space. i dont even have room for a slowcooker, so getting a hand mixer isnt priority at the moment. but now making ice cream is a priority cuz this looks fantastic lol.
- Totally understand! I've done whipped cream by hand before and it's not too bad honestly. I used to take little breaks in between the whisking and put the bowl in the freezer, then continue so I wouldn't get tired!
- What does "Fold in well" mean???
- Basically just make sure to mix all the condensed milk in with whipped cream. It's better to 'fold in' instead of 'stir in' so you don't break the whipping cream. Here's a video on how to 'fold in' ingredients : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vP4vbktd-PM
- Place in a container and freeze, for me it takes around 5-6 hours to set. doesn't this make the ice cream become more dense?
- I've read some give the ice cream a stir very few hours or so, perhaps to make it less dense? I haven't done it but it is a very rich, creamy ice cream for sure (at least to me it is). You can play around with the recipe.
- recipe please
- and fat Read more comments