We call bullshit. There is not a way you would have "extra" garlic dipping sauce from Papa Johns just laying around. That stuff is simply too delicious not to finish with every pizza. But seriously that looks ...
This image with the title of "Ran out of butter, so I used extra garlic dipping sauce from Papa Johns to make toast and eggy in a basket." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Food Hacks . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Ran out of butter, so I used extra garlic dipping sauce from Papa Johns to make toast and eggy in a basket.
- I call bullshit. There is no way you would have "extra" garlic dipping sauce from Papa Johns just laying around. That stuff is too delicious to not finish with every pizza. But seriously that looks like some good eating.
- Some of my students brought pizza to class and didn't use it, so I took it home, along with the extra hot sauce.
- Thus giving you plausible deniability for the fact that you may have bought Papa Johns yourself. Way to go.
- I came here to post this. There is no such thing as extra garlic sauce in my house. That stuff is amazing and they never give you enough, even if you ask for extra!
- And how was it?
- facking delicious.
- I feel like it would taste amazing but it'd also be extremely unhealthy.
- Looking at the nutrition info from land'o'lakes salted butter vs. papa john's garlic butter , it appears that the garlic butter is the healthier substitute. Garlic butter has 50 less calories per serving, 5g less fat, and 60mg less cholesterol. The only thing garlic butter fails on is sodium. Doesn't seem like this would be any worse for you than using real butter to make them.
- Damn TIL.
- Me too! I knew that butter was loaded with calories but I had never thought to compare it to a substitute till now. Queue Fabio
- Yeah, but I believe it's soybean oil. That's bad stuff. Polyunsaturated fatty acids. Free-radical city.
- If you ever run out of butter and want to make something along the lines of a grilled cheese, use mayonnaise, the flavor isn't very different, and it will be even crispier. Just a suggestion, in case you run out of butter and Papa John's garlic dipping sauce.
- We have Papa Johns in my college's food court. Garlic sauce has to be the most disgusting thing to eat/smell/look at when you're sober... But let me tell you -- intoxicated, there's nothing better (save Taco Bell avocado ranch). Our wellness center had a table up in the food court with all the unhealthy food served, along with the physical amount of fat created from each, in a test tube. It was disgusting to see. The garlic sauce literally "sticks to your bones". Never thought about cooking with it though, so I'll have to steal a bunch and cook some pasta or meat in it. I can't imagine garlicly eggs and french toast taste any good.
- Sorry I gotta go with Taco Bell's avocado ranch. I eat that hsit sober or drunk. I guess I'm biased though because garlic gives me indigestion.
- I agree, hence the "save" avocado ranch, meaning except in the context i was using. I always buy a few extra cups (.30 cents each, booyah) to douse everything in. I've asked if they sell it bulk, which they don't. I'm too lazy and wary it won't turn out the same if I make it myself, even though the recipe is online.
- Yeah I just eat it in the chicken burrito. I've never asked for extra sauce though. I need to try that.
- Yeah. I usually get it on the steak tacos, but have started ordering cheesy Gordita crunches made with steak along with the avocado ranch. When I take it home it goes well with basically everything -- steak, ground beef, chicken, burgers etc Read more comments