Not really much how very long it is hung, much more just how recent the sub primal ended up being cut into steaks. Just by the looks, we'd say it had been really meat that is recent be bright pink when 1st subjected to the atmosphere. ...
This image with the title of "Right...like I'm just supposed to walk by and leave this beauty in the meat case" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Steak . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Right...like I'm just supposed to walk by and leave this beauty in the meat case
- Not so much how long it's hung, more so how recent the sub primal was cut into steaks. Judging by the looks, I'd say it was very recent
- Meat will be bright pink when 1st exposed to the air. Ground beef in tubes will look like a dull pink/brownish when 1st opened. I believe its the blood that is absorbing oxygen and become a bright red. Meat exposed to the air for a while will loose this bright color.
- It's not blood, it's myoglobin. But yes, as the myoglobin oxidizes it becomes a darker red color. Eventually it will turn grey/green, and that is an indication of a bad steak.
- I mean if you've got the space-cash, why not spend it?
- It's the marbling that is impressive, the natural fresh color is also gorgeous...
- sick marbling. Was it rated prime or choice? If choice you got a steal marbling wise.
- Damn Straight!
- I would eat that entire motherfacker raw.
- I don't normally comment here but that does look nice!
- Just had a ribeye today as well. Enjoy that bad boy and don't forget the wine!
- Was this sold to you as chuckeye or ribeye? Just curious.
- Dayum! Read more comments