The proper terminology for this particular dish evades me as an American. A buddy of mine started referring to them as "Toad in the Hole," so I just found on that. Nonetheless, again as an American, ...
This image with the title of "Toad in a hole. Eggy in the basket. Whatever you call them, I'm getting pretty good at making the delicious bastards. [OC] [2064x1161]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Foods . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Toad in a hole. Eggy in the basket. Whatever you call them, I'm getting pretty good at making the delicious bastards. [OC] [2064x1161]
- As an American, the proper terminology for this particular dish evades me. A buddy of mine started referring to them as "Toad in the Hole," so I just picked up on that. However, again as an American, I am a huge fan of placing food items inside of other food items, so I will have to try that sausage inside of a Yorkshire pudding!
- http://www.ocado.com/cmscontent/recipe_image_large/29386.jpg?TsA It might be an English thing, but its kinda an English winter dish for with gravy super good!
- love it like this with some red onions and thyme and hsit
- Don't make me hungry...
- You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.
- That's my secret. I'm always hungry
- Its a winter dish? I eat that bad boy all year round!
- I just mean its really good in winter, come in from the cold and its all warm and onion-ey!
- My mom being a painter, always called them egg in a frame, so that's how I know it, toad in a hole sounds like a Jim Henson produced porno
- Jim Henson produced porno Reminds me of this. Meet the Feebles directed by Peter Jackson. 🙂
- I've been told it was called a Bird's Nest (I'm Canadian). It was the first dish I learned how to make when I was a kid (Grade One) at school. Made it for my mom for Mother's Day. Read more comments